Steve P (xian) wrote,
Steve P

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Fa deodorant smells like bug spray

Massive update time, I'm at my brothers new place at the moment, he is drilling big holes in the floor for some strange reason. Its likely I won't have Internet access for a while out at Emerald, because as soon as we are back (Wednesday night) we will be in our new place.

We left Saturday night from Emerald, and we stayed at a friend's place (Ian) in Yeppoon. On Sunday we drove the rest of the way down to Brisbane and somehow found our way over to the Gabba (sporting grounds) without a road map (we call it a Refidex or UBD hehe), where my brother Brendon was working as security. It was his birthday so we surprised him there; he gave us a tour of all the corporate boxes which was pretty cool.

After that we met up with Nickie, one of Emma's friends from Emerald, who lives just five minutes north of the city (she is looking for a good flatmate!! $80 a week :p).

Monday we went shopping, I got myself a new business type outfit (to wear to the wedding and also to work later), white pants, deep blue shirt and a deep yellow tie. I think Emma got some new shoes for the wedding too. We met up with Emma's cousin Matt, who was just about to leave and do some CHOGM security work.

Tuesday we flew down to Hobart ... first to Melbourne, and an hour between flights then down to Hobart. Ben and Erica (the people getting hitched) were there to pick us up. I'd been forewarned that it would be really chilly but when we got in it was pretty comfortable weather; there was a chill wind but that was about it.

Our trip around Tasmania and the wedding will take up another entry completely, but there was one really important event that happened while I was down there.

<horizontal rule>

Well to put it bluntly my Mum rang me up (ha ha coincidently I was on my way to the Savoy Baths in Hobart to enjoy a relaxing bath) to tell me she had left Dad, had cleaned our house out in Sarina of just about everything and that she was filing for divorce. So yeah after the very relaxing baths I had to ring around to make sure nobody was going psycho or anything. Obviously my parents didn't really want me to know while I was on my holiday but then, I completely forgot about it until we touched down in Brisbane yesterday.

At the moment I'm just trying really hard not to take sides and at the same time be supportive of both Mum and Dad. I can only imagine how devastated Dad must have been when he walked into the house to find nothing. I've talked to Mum and she had her reasons for doing it, although I think a lot of our family on both sides have changed their opinion of Mum since.

So much stuff has happened!! It's just way too much to write in one entry ... so I'll write another later, probably when I am back home (in Emerald), all about my trip around Tasmania. Its probably not as interesting as it is in my mind but I'll tell it anyway because after all this is my journal and I look back on this stuff all the time =)
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.